Our EYES are the WINDOWS to our SOUL
Our eyes do speak and sometimes do provide others with glimpses into our inner thoughts and feelings. Sometimes our emotions are easily reflected from our gaze – be it anxiety, fear, happiness or weariness.
To the most of us, having a pair of eyes that sparkle with confidence are the most alluring. As much as an alluring pair of eyes are desirable, obtaining and maintaining your beautiful “jewels” definitely requires some effort.
Since our schooling days, we were told by our teachers to stare at green patches of grass to promote good eyesight and to give our eyes a break after staring at our textbooks / computers / televisions for too long etc.. I shall not elaborate too much on the boring theory stuff..
I DID NOT bother to follow them because I was so addicted to television dramas that I was BESPECTACLED at the age of 12.
During those days.. I thought:
“Wearing a pair of spectacles is COOL and the best Proof of being a Grown-Up”
But after some time, I felt:
“Wearing Glasses is a CHORE and the FUGLIEST thing on earth”
- Your glasses can be blurred by fingerprints, dust and raindrops!
- You get ultra irritated by the condensation effect whenever you leave an air-conditioned place
- Your ears and nose might hurt if your frames are too heavy / pressing too hard against your skin
- They make you look ultra nerdy
- They reflect light whenever you take photos with the camera flash on
- Your eyes look more beady when wearing glasses
- It blocks your “eye power” especially when you are trying to charm a cute guy
- You’ll lose your self-esteem when people start calling you nicknames like “Bespectacled Toad”
- Your eyes feel dry more easily and you might need eyedrops to soothe your eyes
- Maintenance is higher than glasses as you must buy contact lens solution (in the past, you have to buy protein remover tablet and ‘soap’ to clean your contacts before soaking them in saline.. but thank goodness there is multi-purpose solution now to resolve this troublesome issue)
- Your eyes feel very irritated especially when particles like dust gets into your eyes or when there is a crack in your contact lens due to mishandling
- Wearing contacts is an acquired skill – I used to take half an hour to poke those lens into my eyes and another half an hour to remove them
- Wearing contacts increase the chances of contracting eye infections
- For those who loves wearing eye makeup, it will be a nightmare if particles from your eyeshadow or contents of your eyeshadow / eyeliner gets into your eyes
Choosing the right Contacts
Cleanse your lens throughly after wearing
“Deep Cleansing for COMFORT that LASTS ~ AO SEPT Plus’ Slogan
Tips for those who frequently wear makeup on your eyes..
Please do ensure that you remove your makeup throughly from your eyes and face before going to bed. We all know that it is bad to sleep with your cosmetics on as your skin cannot breathe and hence you will be prone to breakouts. However, it is not so feasible to remove your eye makeup throughly especially for those who wear heavy makeup on the eye area i.e. waterproof mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow. There might be traces of makeup left on your eyes – this can be observed when you wake up the next morning.. Your eye
This problem can be resolved if you give your eyes a good eye bath 🙂 An eye bath not only removes the debris build-up in your eyes, but can soothe your tired eyes by giving it a good ‘massage’ too!
Just swirl the eye bath mixture over your eyes and you will feel hyper refreshed afterwards! ^^
Enjoy and do take good care of your eyes ladies ♥♥~